Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Valerie AKA "Plowmanators"



Hello, my name is Valerie. I am a stay at home mom to three beautiful (of course!) children. They are Brayden (4), Kaitlyn (2), and McKenna (11 months). I have been married to my husband for the last 6 years. I have a BS in English with an Emphasis on Technical Writing and a minor in Communications.

My husband is the creative one between to the two of us. He is the one who comes up with the best FHE lessons for our children. I am kind of more "Maxwell" style where I hand over lots of information that is quite full of doctrine. I talk to my children like I would talk to any adult. My husband often gets a good laugh about it, but seems to think it is good to have a mix from both of us :). That may be, but I think you will find most of the lessons ideas I share actually come from his head.

My husband and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. We met in college. We dated a bit before his mission, wrote as friends while he was on his mission, then got married about seven months after he got home. We live in Cache Valley, Utah and plan to stay put until we someday serve a mission together. Life has way of changing your plans, but that is where we stand right now.

I have too many hobbies, including sewing, scrapbooking, making jewelry, and crocheting (new for me). Somehow I manage to be creative with my linear, logical mind. I also love to read and enjoy dancing. My love is music and I love to sing. I also have a fun time blogging. Some of my public blogs include Val's Creations (a site to show friends and family my things I make), Children's Learning Activities (written with two other mommies, a blog full of fun learning activities for babies through preschoolers), and the most popular is Chronicles of a Babywise Mom (a parenting advice blog).
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails