Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Michelle


My name is Michelle and I am a stay-at-home-mom to Lydia (3 1/2) and Claire (almost 2). They are sweet, but very independent little girls! I love them so much! (Although there are some days where I wonder where my sanity is!)

I will have been married for 5 years this June to my wonderful husband, Jeff. We are high school sweethearts, and have a long history together, dating back to when we were 4 years old and in Joy School. We don't really remember each other until High School, but we do have pictures from those younger years of us together. He is currently pursuing his PhD at Arizona State University, and I am looking forward to the day when he is no longer a student.

I grew up all over the place due to my father's service in the military, but call Washington State "home." Maybe one day that will change, I guess we'll see where life takes us. I love to read, scrapbook, make crafts, read blogs, hike, travel, and spend time with my family.

I majored in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood at BYU, and taught Kindergarten and Reading Recovery for a year, and then just Reading Recovery for another year once Lydia was born. I love to teach, and you would think that I would be really good at getting everything ready for a Family Home Evening lesson, but not so much! My issues have been planning (it seems like there are so many other things to do that it gets pushed to the side), and actually holding a lesson that will be worthwhile to my children, rather than throwing it together at the last minute or just having an activity. We recently have been better about holding family home evening, and I am excited for this blog to be able to help with ideas for what to teach and how to present it. (I am looking at it from a teacher standpoint, we always shared our lesson ideas with others for their benefit and that of their students, but now it is a mom/child thing). I am realizing more and more how important Family Home Evening is for my children to learn gospel principles and to feel the Spirit in our home.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails